Carry on with the previous foods.
You also add in:
- Freshly made vegetable juices: start with a few tablespoons of carrot juice.
- Bread made with nut flour, eggs, squash, fat and salt.
- Cold-pressed olive oil starting with a few drops per meal and gradually increasing to 1-2 tablespoons per meal. Drizzle on meat and veggies.
- Roasted and grilled meats. Avoid bits which are too browned or burned. It is preferable to have fermented veggies with the meat.
- 1 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 raw, organic/free range egg
- 1 tsp of salt
1. Put egg in blender and blend (or you could use an immersion blender) until creamy.
2. Gradually add the oil in a small drizzle while blending.
3. Add salt while blending.
4. Blend until thick and creamy.
Tip: When you are on full GAPS you could add a half of a lemon and a teaspoon of mustard to this.
- 2 GAPS pancakes
- 1 can of PBA free wild caught tuna fish in water
- 3-4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1. Open can of tuna and drain the water.
2. Mix tuna with mayonnaise.
3. Put about half of the tuna an one of the GAPS pancakes and top with another GAPS pancake.
Tip: You can also make this with grilled or boiled chicken to make chicken sandwiches.
Baked beef snack
- 2 pounds beef
- 1/2 cup of butternut squash pureed (you could also use carrot)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Roll the mixture out on parchment paper.
3. Cut the meat into squares.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for about 16 minutes.
Note: Make sure that your butternut squash or carrots are well cooked before pureeing.